General terms and conditions for orders on charlottethomas.be
Hi! Thank you for showing interest in our products.
Before we proceed to placing your order, we would like to inform you on the terms and conditions applicable to your purchase. You must accept these terms and conditions prior to your order as they form an integral part of the agreement between me (Charlotte Thomas – registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises with number 0736.883.264) and you. Please read them with care.
- 1.1. These terms and conditions are drawn up in English. By accepting our terms and conditions, you explicitly acknowledge that you understand your right and responsibilities to our agreement as explained below.
- 1.2. Deze algemene voorwaarden zijn opgesteld in het Engels. Door onze algemene voorwaarden te aanvaarden, erkent u uitdrukkelijk dat u uw rechten en verantwoordelijkheden met betrekking tot onze overeenkomst, zoals hieronder uiteengezet, begrijpt.
- 1.3. Ces termes et conditions sont rédigés en anglais. En acceptant nos termes et conditions, vous reconnaissez explicitement que vous avez compris vos droits et responsabilités dans le cadre de notre accord comme expliqué ci-dessous.
2 PLACING ORDERS AND CONCLUDING OUR AGREEMENT
- 2.1. The offers on the website www.charlottethomas.be are intended exclusively for consumers who make the purchase for a purpose that cannot be attributed to their commercial or professional activities. By submitting your order, you declare that you are acting for private purposes only.
- 2.2. To purchase an item, you have to fill in the required customer details and shipping method. By clicking on “order”, you are placing a binding order for the items in your shopping basket and you are committing to paying for them. Once you have placed your order, we will send you confirmation of your order by e-mail as soon as possible. Once you have received the confirmation of your order by us, this agreement is binding.
- 2.3. Please note that our commitment to deliver your order may be exceptionally suspended in the in the event of a force majeure situation that rests with us.
- 2.4. If products are out of stock, we will promptly refund any payment you have made. Please be advised that we can not to purchase the ordered items elsewhere nor shall we be obligated to reproduce such products. Any possible liability for unavailable articles will in any case be limited to the amount paid by you for the unavailable articles that we will refund to you without delay.
- 2.5. Time periods for deliveries are expressed in working days, working days mean all days from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays in Belgium.
- 2.6. We reserve the right not to accept an order or to cancel the order if such product is out of stock or if it has been placed by the use of software, a robot, crawler, spider or automated system or scripted behaviour and the use of external services to place an order on your behalf.
3 PRICES, SHIPPING COSTS, EXPRESS DELIVERY AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
- 3.1. The prices indicated on the date of the order apply. The prices mentioned are final and total prices, VAT included.
- 3.2. The articles remain our property or, if until full payment of the purchase price and, if applicable, the shipping costs. In the event an incomplete payment is made, we reserve the right to not process your order and terminate this agreement by sending an e-mail to the email address you provided. We will refund the amounts paid within 14 days following such termination.
- 3.3. Shipping costs are not included in our prices and will be charged in accordance with the destination. We deliver in Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg. Deliveries outside aforementioned countries are subject to a written request from you and might result in additional shipping fees.
- 4.1. We accept payment by Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and Maestro. We reserve the right not to accept certain payment methods for a specific order and to refer to other payment methods. Charges associated with the payment transaction shall be borne by you.
- 4.2. In the case of purchases by credit card, your credit card will be charged when we ship your order.
- 4.3. Non-payment or incomplete payment of the amount due on the due date means that you have not fulfilled your obligation to pay. We therefore reserve the right to suspend your order or immediately terminate this agreement by written notice.
5 COUPONS AND REDEMPTION
- 5.1. Coupons are discount vouchers which cannot be purchased but are issued during promotional campaigns; their validity period is limited in time.
- 5.2. Coupons can only be redeemed once in the context of an order and only within the specified period. Coupons may not be used to purchase gift vouchers. Please note that a minimum purchase value may be required for the use of coupons.
- 5.3. The value of the items must be equal to or exceed the value of the coupon. If the coupon is insufficient for the value of the products, the difference will have to be paid by one of the accepted payment methods. The value of coupons will not be paid out in cash, nor will they attract interest. Coupons will not be refunded if all or some of the items are returned.
- 5.4. Coupons can only be redeemed before you complete the order. If you wish to redeem a coupon, you will need to enter you’re the code indicated on said coupon during the ordering process, and more specifically when choosing your payment method, before proceeding to payment. After payment, it will not be possible to redeem the voucher retroactively. Coupons may not be passed on to third parties. Unless otherwise agreed upon or specifically indicated on a coupon, it is not possible to accumulate multiple coupons.
- 5.5. If you have used a coupon with your order and, as a result of a withdrawal by you, the total value of your order becomes less than or equal to the value of your discount voucher, we reserve the right to charge you the original price for the articles that you keep.
6 GIFT VOUCHERS AND REDEMPTION
- 6.1. Gift vouchers are vouchers that can be purchased if offered on our website. Gift vouchers can only be redeemed to purchase products offered on www.charlottethomas.be. Gift vouchers cannot be used to purchase other or more gift vouchers. If the value of the voucher is insufficient for the value of the order, the outstanding amount shall be paid by one of the accepted payment methods.
- 6.2. Gift vouchers can only be used before you complete your order by entering the applicable gift voucher code when completing your customer details. After payment it is not possible to use vouchers on placed orders.
- 6.3. The value of gift vouchers will not be paid out in cash, and will not generate interest, even if you exercise your right of withdrawal.
If a product does not fit you or does not work for you, you can return the product(s) to us. Please take into account the following rules which apply to your return.
- 7.1. You have the right to withdraw from our agreement within a period of 14 days from the moment you or a third party appointed by you takes physical possession or the product(s). Although this would help us a lot, you are not obligated to give any reason for your withdrawal nor will we charge you a penalty for such withdrawal (except for the costs referred to in article 7.6).
- 7.2. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (by ordinary mail: email@example.com of your decision to withdraw from the agreement by means of an unequivocal statement. For this purpose, you may use the attached model withdrawal form attached to these terms and conditions, but you are not obliged to do so. It is sufficient to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
- 7.3. As we can not offer exchanges on a product, you will be refunded for the products returned, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of any supplementary costs resulting from your choosing a method of delivery other than the least expensive standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed of your decision to withdraw.
- 7.4. All refunds will happen with the same means of payment as you used for the original transaction, unless you have explicitly agreed otherwise. If you paid by Paypal or credit card, the refund will be made to your Paypal or credit card account. If you used a gift certificate for your purchase, we will credit the amount to your gift certificate account.
- 7.5. You must return or hand over the products to us (Charlotte Thomas [Bondgenotenstraat 306 bus 2, 1190 Vorst, Belgium]) without delay, but in any event no later than 14 days after the day on which you communicate your decision to return such product(s). We advise you to use the return label enclosed with your order; this label can also be printed from this page.
- 7.6. Return costs shall be borne by you.
- 7.7. We may withhold the refund until we have received the products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the products, whichever is the earliest.
- 7.8. You are only liable for any diminution in the value of the products resulting from the use of the products beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
- 7.9.Please keep in mind the following criteria to return any products to us:
Make sure the product is in perfect condition: no defects, no stains and in the event of fabrics: unwashed;
Please return fabrics in a waterproof bag or cardboard box closed with tape;
Please return fragile products in a firm cardboard box filled and make sure the product cannot move around in the box;
We will not accept any responsibility for damage to returned products as a consequence of defect or improper packaging.
- Please keep the receipt of your return to make sure you can provide proof of your return in case a shipment gets lost.
- Items which are returned in a non-sellable condition will not be refunded and will be sent back to you.
- 7.10. We reserve the right to refuse any returns that do not match the conditions as laid down in article 7.9.
Should you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9.1. These terms and conditions can be viewed at [link] and can be accepted by people who are at least 18 years old.
- 9.2. The European Commission offers consumers a platform for alternative dispute resolution. Consumers can settle their dispute regarding an online order without going to court. You can access the online dispute resolution platform via this url link: http://ec.europa.eu/odr/.
- 9.3. The application of the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (1980) is explicitly excluded.
- 9.4. Should one or more provisions of the general terms and conditions be invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.